According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), 15.9 million surgical and minimally invasive procedures were performed in the United States in 2015, up 2% from 2014. As a result of this booming anti-aging and cosmetic market, the need for topical anesthetics has exponentially increased beyond the realm of punch biopsies and electrodessication and into the domain of aesthetic treatments including ablative cutaneous laser treatments, laser hair removal and Q-switch laser treatments for tattoo removal and pigmentation.
Sourcing Topical Anesthetics:
As physicians look to source topical anesthetics for their practice the most important considerations are:
- Active Purity & Verification
- At VLS Pharmacy and New Drug Loft we only source active ingredients for our formulations from PCCA. This ensures that they have undergone a strict screening and verification process and are never counterfeit, diverted or contaminated. MSDS are available upon request.
- Safety, Licensing and Expertise
- As part of our stringent licensing and credentialing, all of our pharmacists are continuously trained in compounding techniques and best practices.
- All of our compound formulas are developed to the highest standard and undergo rigorous third party potency and sterility testing and in-house endotoxin detection screening.
Compounded Anesthetics at VLS Pharmacy and New Drug Loft
We create cosmetically elegant and fast-acting numbing creams that easily wipe off the skin and provide optimal comfort for patients.
- LT: Lidocaine 23%/ Tetracaine 7%
- Ideal for deep RF micro needling
- BLT: Benzocaine 20%/ Lidocaine 6%/ Tetracaine 4%
- BLT plus Epinephrine 0.05%
- BLT in layered base
- Ideal for micro needling and mid-depth treatments such as Radio Frequency