BiMix is a prescription treatment for impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction (ED), a condition impacting over 18 million men in the United States. For many patients struggling with erectile dysfunction who have tried “everything else” to produce and maintain an erection, this medication offers new hope.
Administered as a penile self-injection containing papavarine and phentolamine, BiMix is most often prescribed when conventional therapies, such as PDE5 inhibitors, fail.
Interested in learning about our BiMix Solutions? Contact Us
How Bimix Works
- Papavarine offers multiple mechanisms of action with one being a vasodilator. Increased blood flow to the intracavernosal area produces an erection.
- Phentolamine induces erection by causing blood vessels of the penis to relax and dilate.
2.5mg, 5mg troches for daily use
5mg, 10mg, 20mg troches for use as-needed
Timing and Use:
- Test doses of BiMix are recommended for all patients to make sure that dosing is accurate.
- Injections have a 5-20 minute onset and should be timed accordingly with intercourse. Erections can last up to 30 minutes. BiMix may be used twice weekly.
- Using penile injections with oral Viagra or vacuum erection devices is not recommended.
- While some patients may be concerned about the idea of penile injections, they’ll find the needle is very fine and similar to those used for insulin injections.
- For patients experiencing discomfort, a mild topical anesthetic may be required.
- If properly dosed, 80% of men should be able to experience an erection when using BiMix.
Side Effects of BiMix for Erectile Dysfunction:
- Proper injection technique is an important part of treatment. “Peyronie’s Disease” is a rare side effect of injections, which is related to scar tissue inside the penis and within the lining of the corpora cavernosa. This can be treated.
- Other rare side effects include allergy to the medications or active infection.
If BiMix is not effective, Trimix (which includes the addition of alprostadil) may be an alternative option.
Important: We prepare BiMix and other intramuscular, intravenous and ophthalmic medications in our state-of-the-art sterile compounding facility.