Commercially available drugs often fall short in meeting the needs of pediatric patients. Children and infants can struggle with taking medications due to capsule and tablet size, high dosages, unfavorable tastes or the presence of allergens. With our tailor-made compounding solutions, the challenges of administering medications and compliance among young patients will be drastically improved. Compounding can address any of the following:
- Allergy-free medications (soy, gluten, dairy and others).
- Dosage adjustment (we can alter any medication so that it is a suitable pediatric dose).
- Flavoring (including cherry, grape and bubble gum) – 20 flavors, including Kosher options.
- Medication re-formulation to turn tablets or capsules into liquids, gummy bears, lollipops or lozenges.
Solutions for health concerns including:
- Food and dye allergies
- Mitochondrial disease
- Nausea and vomiting
- GI bacterial infections, ulcerative colitis
- Head lice
USP<800> COMPLIANT SINCE 2015
VLS Pharmacy has been USP<800> compliant since 2015 and as a result, is one of the few facilities permitted to compliantly compound drugs on the NIOSH list. For our pediatric patients, especially those receiving treatment in an oncology setting, this is important as we are capable of compounding for both acute and chronic medication needs. USP<800> was put in place to protect the team when working with hazardous drug (HD) substances. Our continued commitment to providing our pediatric (and all) patients with safe and effective compounds starts in our state-of-the-art lab and ends with the patient to ensure maximum positive outcomes. To learn more, please contact our team at email@example.com