In the world of intravenous vitamin and nutrient therapy, the Myers’ Cocktail is the most popular and well-known formulation blend for treating patients. Developed by the late Baltimore physician, John Myers, MD from Johns Hopkins Hospital, Dr. Myers was one of the first pioneers who looked to vitamin therapy delivered by IV as a way of treating the cause of sickness rather than responding reactively to the illness itself.
Since the 1960s, nutritional IV therapy has been widely popularized, recognized and published and used to support a broad range of treatments, from chronic disease and boosting energy, diminishing the effects of a hangover or aiding weight loss.
What is in a Myers’ Cocktail?
While the cocktail can combine several types of ingredients, the most common include:
- Magnesium chloride
- Calcium gluconate
- B complex
- Vitamin C
- Sterile water
What are the benefits of the Myers’ Cocktail?
IV vitamin therapy and the Myers’ cocktail, in particular, have been used to support patients with a host of conditions ranging from immune disorders such as arthritis to chronic fatigue syndrome, sinusitis, gastrointestinal issues, food poisoning, fibromyalgia, and more.
How long does it last?
We recommend that patients receiving Myers’ Cocktail infusions should do so regularly, as prescribed by their physician to experience consistent and long-standing benefits.
What are the side effects of Myers’ Cocktail?
This largely depends on the patient and the formula being administered.
- There can be some mild discomfort at the site of infusion and some patients have reported a warm or ‘flushing’ feeling.
- Magnesium can also lower blood pressure resulting in symptoms of hypotension.
- The Myers’ Cocktail is often not well tolerated by elderly patients.
What is the cost of a Myers’ Cocktail solution?
We exclusively compound premium, custom prescription formulas for patients with a valid prescription rather than producing compounded, bulk products as an outsourcing facility.
Do you offer Myers’ Cocktail for sale?
We only produce formulations for patients and practices with a valid patient-specific prescription.
Can the Myers’ Cocktail be administered without an IV bag?
Yes, it can! We can modify any IV compound so that it can be administered by IV push, with no IV bag necessary. Key benefits include:
- A rich Myers’ Cocktail blend undiluted with IV fluids
- Quick administration: IV pushes take between 15 and 20 minutes (versus 45-60 minutes with an IV bag)
- Multi-ingredient blends are possible. Vitamin C and glutathione can be added to the push so that it can be customized to each patient
- Singe-dose-vials ensure maximum sterility and safety
…to get a personalized quote and to speak to our team.