Like clockwork, the dreaded flu or influenza season is upon us with aches, pains, sneezing and exhaustion taking its toll on countless Americans nationwide. According to early estimates by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the last flu season cycle (2018-2019) resulted in 42.9 million cases of flu, 647,000 hospitalization, and up to 61,200 flu deaths. While each flu season is as unpredictable as the last, one thing is for sure – the more medical professionals do to help patients guard against illness and boost their immune system – the better!
Helping Patients Fight Illness at The Cellular Level With IV Therapy
While the flu vaccine is an essential part of helping patients protect themselves against specific strains of influenza, complementary treatments that bolster the immune system have become increasingly popular in medical practices in every state. Targeted IV therapies can deliver immune-boosting micronutrients quickly and efficiently to kickstart the body’s natural immune response, elevate energy levels and help fight infection. One of the most effective IV therapies we produce at VLS Pharmacy combines ingredients such as Vitamin C, Magnesium and Selenium with Vitamin B-Complex to support recovery, encourage healing and help ward off illness.
Vitamins and Minerals That Support Good Health
The base of this IV therapy includes 6 core vitamins and minerals that combine to support the body’s natural immunity and function:
Are you a prescriber looking for compounded medical solutions?
Please complete our new account form.
- Vitamin C/Sodium Ascorbate: Plays an essential role in the formation of collagen, carnitine, amino acids and hormones, and helps the body store iron. Vital to the body’s healing processes, and, as an antioxidant, helps protect cells against free radicals that may play a role in chronic illness and disease. Some studies show it can also shorten the duration of the common cold in megadoses (500 to 1000 mg/day).
- Calcium Gluconate: Without calcium, the functional integrity of several body systems would be compromised including the nervous, muscular and skeletal systems. Calcium also helps to regulate neurotransmitters, the uptake, and binding of amino acids and the absorption of vitamin B12.
- Magnesium: A natural-occurring mineral used for countless biochemical processes in the body including healthy muscle and nerve function.
- Selenium: An essential trace mineral that plays an important role in thyroid hormone metabolism, DNA synthesis and protection against oxidative damage and infection in the body.
- Taurine: An amino sulfonic acid that forms the building blocks of protein, plays a key role in cell volume regulation and is one of the most abundant amino acids found in the brain. It is imperative for the normal development of the nervous system.
For amplified health benefits, our Immunity Boost IV therapy also includes a potent vitamin B-Complex* with:
- Thiamine HCL (vitamin B1): Hydrochloride salt form of thiamine. Essential vitamin for aerobic metabolism, cell growth, and acetylcholine synthesis.
- Panthenol (vitamin B5): Alcohol derivative of pantothenic acid and an essential component of a normally functioning epithelium. Often found in skincare due to its role as an effective humectant.
- Pyridoxine HCL (vitamin B6): When converted into its active form, pyridoxal 5-phosphate (Pl), Pyridoxine HCL is an essential enzyme cofactor for amino acid synthesis and healthy neurotransmitters.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): A Biosynthesized form of niacin known to support the healthy function of cells, promote skin health, digestive functioning, memory, and cognition.
- Riboflavin 5 Phosphate (vitamin B2): One of the eight essential B vitamins for human health, riboflavin 5 Phosphate, helps the body break down proteins and convert carbohydrates to ATP for optimal tissue and muscle energy.
*Each mL Contains: Thiamine HCL 100mg, Panthenol 100mg, Pyridoxine HCL 200mg, Niacinamide 100mg, Riboflavin 5 Phosphate 27.3mg
We try to ensure that all information is accurate and correct but cannot be held responsible for typos or grammatical errors. This information does not replace medical advice from a licensed professional