COVID-19 Vaccinations Will Be Available Soon.
Check back for details and sign up here for email updates.
NEW: January 2020
Anti-Body and COVID-19 Testing Available
Shipping Delays Anticipated
VLS Pharmacy has been selected as a COVID-19 Vaccination Site. Please check back here for information on when the vaccines will become available or sign up for our email updates here.
Please note: We are unable to ship the vaccine, and will only be administering it at VLS Pharmacy in Brooklyn, New York.
Key developments you may have missed (via New York Times):
- Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. government additional doses of its vaccine. Now Pfizer said it might not be able to provide more of its vaccine to the U.S. until June because of its commitments to other countries.
- New York City reopened elementary schools, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo said indoor dining could be suspended in the city as soon as Monday.
- Australian states on Monday celebrated “Freedom Day” as restrictions eased in the lead up to Christmas.
- Tracking maps for coronavirus statistics, testing and vaccine trials, and dissemination schedules.
A reminder to wear your mask! Please stop by VLS Pharmacy (Brookyln) and New Drug Loft (Upper East Side, New York City) to pick up masks and hand sanitizer. We have all item in stock and readily available for you.
“When you wear a mask, you protect yourself, you protect others, you prevent yourself from touching your face. And you signal that wearing a mask is the right thing to do. With coronavirus cases still rising, wearing a mask is more important than ever.” In this animation from The New York Times, you will see just how effective a swath of fabric can be at fighting the pandemic.
Shipping Delays: Where is my package? In recent months, we have been asked this question on a daily basis, whether from a practice awaiting IV medications or a parent in need of their child’s compound. Our pharmacies are committed to getting you exactly what you need in the most efficient manner possible but there are forces working against us and it is slated to worsen.
According to The New York Times, “Online shopping has exploded during the pandemic. The holidays are approaching. What happens when these two forces collide?” Industry watchdogs and global experts are predicting “shipageddon” during the upcoming holiday months. These shipping delays impact medicine as an industry – from suppliers and manufacturers to wholesalers and packaging companies.
There are steps you can take to offset “shipageddon”. We encourage you to:
- Start thinking about what you need for the remainder of the year and make a plan.
- Order early and avoid relying on “ASAP” timelines, they no longer exist.
- Write and submit prescriptions early. When possible, 90-day supplies are best.
- Contact us for your vitamin and over-the-counter needs. Many times, we have items that are unavailable elsewhere.
We are committed to providing you and your patient’s prescriptions in a timely manner, but cannot account for any delays experienced via the shipping companies.
Please encourage your patients to TEXT (full name, DOB, and medication name or Rx number) for any prescription refills.
Drug Loft Pharmacy (Upper East Side): 212-879-0910
VLS Pharmacy (Brooklyn): 844-857-5588
VLS Pharmacy offers Covid-19 nasal swab tests and antibody blood tests. First come, first served. Walk-ins are welcome during normal business hours. Please wear a mask, practice social distancing and let us know immediately if you think you have been exposed.
ALERT: We Can Help With Hospital Medication Shortages.
Do you work at a hospital or know someone who does? Contact Us
On April 21, 2020, our pharmacies were temporarily granted clearance by FDA to provide hospitals with compounded replicas of commercially available drugs that are on shortage. This means that if a hospital needs bulk quantities of drugs that are on shortage, we are able to compound them without obtaining patient-specific prescriptions. This guidance is in direct response to a letter submitted to FDA by the pharmacy advocacy groups NCPA, the Alliance for Pharmacy Compounding, and the American Pharmacist Association in which they asked FDA to issue guidance providing enforcement discretion for pharmacists to compound products that are “essentially a copy” of an FDA-approved drug that FDA identifies may be or is anticipated to be, in shortage during this public health emergency. You may find the guidance here.
- If you are employed by a hospital in need of medication that is hard to access or that is on shortage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email your full name, position at the pharmacy, and the best phone number to reach you. We will respond quickly to all correspondence.
- If you know someone who works at a hospital that is in need of medication that is hard to access or is on shortage, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW TO REFILL PRESCRIPTIONS
Due to high demand and call volume, please TEXT us with your refill requests:
VLS Pharmacy: 844-857-5588
New Drug Loft: 212-879-0910
We will return your text, please be patient with us.
Outside New York? Use this link for finding local pharmacies that can ship to you!
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
New Drug Loft
Monday – Friday: 09:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday: Please check Facebook
*Please check in on our hours regularly. This is subject to change because of the shortage of pharmacists and the need for them to work in the hospitals.