Anti-Body and COVID-19 Testing Available
NEW: June 2020
VLS Pharmacy now offers Covid-19 blood tests and anti-body nasal swab tests. First come, first served. Walk-ins are welcome during normal business hours. Please wear a mask, practice social distancing and let us know immediately if you think you have been exposed.
ALERT: We Can Help With Hospital Medication Shortages.
Do you work at a hospital or know someone who does? Contact Us
On April 21, 2020, our pharmacies were temporarily granted clearance by FDA to provide hospitals with compounded replicas of commercially available drugs that are on shortage. This means that if a hospital needs bulk quantities of drugs that are on shortage, we are able to compound them without obtaining patient-specific prescriptions. This guidance is in direct response to a letter submitted to FDA by the pharmacy advocacy groups NCPA, the Alliance for Pharmacy Compounding and the American Pharmacist Association in which they asked FDA to issue guidance providing enforcement discretion for pharmacists to compound products that are “essentially a copy” of an FDA-approved drug that FDA identifies may be or is anticipated to be, in shortage during this public health emergency. You may find the guidance here.
- If you are employed by a hospital in need of medication that is hard to access or that is on shortage, please contact us at email@example.com. Email your full name, position at the pharmacy and the best phone number to reach you. We will respond quickly to all correspondence.
- If you know someone who works at a hospital that is in need of medication that is hard to access or is on shortage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYS Order By the Governor March 23, 2020:
“No pharmacist shall dispense hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine except when written as prescribed for an FDA-approved indication; or as part of a state approved clinical trial related to COVID-19 for a patient who has tested positive for COVID-19, with such test result documented as part of the prescription. No other experimental or prophylactic use shall be permitted, and any permitted prescription is limited to one fourteen day prescription with no refills.”
What does this mean? Quite simply, we cannot fill prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without:
- electronic prescription from a licensed medical provider with diagnosis code COVID-19
- proof of a positive COVID-19 test result
- proof that patient is part of a state-approved clinical trial related to COVID-19
HOW TO REFILL PRESCRIPTIONS
Due to high demand and call volume, please TEXT us with your refill requests:
VLS Pharmacy: 844-857-5588
New Drug Loft: 212-879-0910
We will return your text, please be patient with us.
Outside New York? Use this link for finding local pharmacies that can ship to you!
Mon – Sat: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
New Drug Loft
Monday – Friday: 09:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday: Please check Facebook
*Please check in on our hours regularly. This is subject to change because of the shortage of pharmacists and the need for them to work in the hospitals.